Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I made my first pop-up cards tonight!






Check out the pop-up cards I made tonight! I learned how to make these yesterday on Lorraine's blog. You have to check out her video on how to make one of these cute cards. Her blog is great, check it out:
http://cardcreationsbylorraine.blogspot.com/
Thanks Lorraine!
I cut these cards at 4"x11" and scored at 1"- 2 5/8"- 3 5/8"- 5 1/2" flipped and
scored the other side in the same incriminates. You need to cut a slit at the 5" point. The part that pops up is cut at 3" x 5" and matted twice. I used my cuttlebug to add some interest on the front with coordination's paper then sanded it.
Folded, these cards will fit in a A2 envelope. They really aren't that difficult but her video is very helpful.
Click on the pics to enlarge, Let me know what you think. Shari

20 comments:

  1. Very nice pop up cards. You did a great job for your first time. I need to try these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I really love this card. Ive never seen anything like this on how it pops up. so cleaver. Like the designs too, very sweet. Im sure whom ever will recieve them for V-day, they will love them.
    Great job
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. way to try something new! Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shari... Your work is beautiful. I added myself to your list as well. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Kathylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shari,
    Thank you for following my blog.

    Your blog gives me lots of inspiration to begin my projects and your cards are gorgeous!

    Great Job!
    Kori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shari! Good Job!!!! So glad you had fun making your valentines. I'm sure who ever receives your cards will have a big smile!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shari ~ awesome cards!! I just joined your blog (scrappinmystressaway)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awsome cards i love them , i need to learn to make these

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola! This is Beatriz from Amazing Grace blog in Dothan, Alabama. I bought my Webster Pages at a scrapbook store called Paper Niche in South Florida when I was there teaching last weekend. I believe many other places sell them on line (scrapbook.com, Oh my crafts, etc). I used 3 pages, two of the same one.
    Your blog is awesome! I just became your follower. Have a great and blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. I especially love your bug head card. Oh and I drooled over your scraproom. I love a good blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You posted on my blog and I am here to love yours. I love the cards. I have to learn how to do those. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those pop up cards. I had a fabulous visit to your blog today. Thanks for leaving us a comment at What is your fave thing! Have a great weekend. Hugs,Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful!! I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Cards... love the embossing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'm working on my first mini album so hopefully I'll post pics. soon. Shari

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are soooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. come on over to my blog i have an award for you

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, what gorgeous pop cards! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete