Jim, http://thegentlemancrafter.blogspot.com/ did a u-stream a week ago Sunday. He decided to make a copy of a pendulum clock he had bought. He made the shell on u-stream and I followed his directions. (If you've never been to Jim's blog, check it out, he is so talented and a very good teacher.) Well, after I had the shell done, I got impatient and could not wait to see how Jim would finish his. I ventured out on my own and completed the clock this evening. It's fully functional, the first clock I ever did from scratch.
The shell is made out of medium weight chipboard doubled. I covered it with paper from Graphic 45 (french country collection)'
The pendulums were made out of Tim Holtz grunge board, I cut the circles with a sizzix die (circles #2) I used TH distress ink (festive berries) TH distress stain (wild honey) and TH distress paint (forest moss) then sprayed them with goose bumps to make them kind of shiny.
The numbers are TH grunge board (mixed mini's) colored with the distress ink (festive berries)
I added a dowel and put a bird on it.
I added a few of the stickers from the french country collection. Do you think it needs more embellishments, I'm not sure if I'm done with it yet. Sorry the pictures are not that good, as I took them at midnight.
Let me know what you think, you know it makes my day to read your comments. Have a great day! Shari