I decided to try something a little different. I started out with a porcelain egg, these have been in my stash of goodies but I'm sure you can still buy them at your local Michaels. I took silver metal tape ( I think it is used for duct work.) and embossed it with Sizzix texture fade, steam punk. I cut the tape into pieces and applied it to the egg. This tape is adhesive backed so it made covering the egg easy. I then took pitch black Adirandack paint dabber and painted the whole surface. When it was almost dry I took a soft cloth and wiped off the paint, leaving the black in all the cracks. I saw this technique on http://thelittleshabbyshed.blogspot.com/2013/03/tattered-floral-challenge.html Kaz made a fabulous dressform using this technique.
Now to embellish the egg, I added a TH ornate plate to the front, bending it to conform to the egg. I put a piece of black vinyl behind the plate so my flourish I added would stand out. The flourish is from Michaels, bead landing charms. The crown I added and the flourish were in the same pkg. I added a set of TH Idea-ology wings to each side sandwiched together.